The rules and regulations for Public Housing and Section 8 program are determined by Congress and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The purpose of both Public Housing and the Section 8 Program is to provide affordable housing to eligible low and moderate income individuals and families.
Public Housing Waitlists
Jefferson Terrace/Vanderbilt Terrace Apartments-(1)One, (2)Two, (3)Three and (4)Four Bedroom Units
The Terrace waitlist is now open. Apply Online for this waitlist. We only accept online applications for this waitlist.
The SSHA utilizes the waitlist for prospective tenants, failure to return paperwork within the allotted time will cause you to be removed from the waitlist and will require you to reapply
Apartment Size Guidelines
- Units shall be occupied by families of the appropriate size. This policy maintains the usefulness of the units, while preserving them from excessive wear and tear and under-utilization.
The following principles govern the size of unit for which a family will qualify. Generally, two people are expected to share each bedroom, except that units will be so assigned that:
|Minimum and Maximum-Number-of-Persons-Per Unit Standard
|Number of Bedrooms
- Two adults who are not related by blood will be required to share a bedroom.
- Exceptions to the largest permissible unit size may be made in case of reasonable accommodations for a person with disabilities.
- Two children of the opposite sex will not be required to share a bedroom, although they may do so at the request of the family.
- Children two years of age or younger may share a bedroom with a parent. Children of the same sex that are over the age of 16 may have their
- SSHA will count a child who is temporarily away from the home because the child has been placed in foster care, kinship care, or is away at school.
- A single head of household parent shall not be required to share a bedroom with his/her child, although they may do so at the request of the family.
- A live-in aide may be assigned a bedroom, if approved by the SSHA.
- The Local Housing Code of two persons per bedroom will be the standard for the smallest unit a family may be offered. Individual housing units with very
small or very large bedrooms or other specific situations that inhibit or encourage lower or higher levels of occupancy may be permitted to establish lower
or higher occupancy levels so long as the occupancy levels will not discriminate on the basis of familial status.
- The largest unit size that a family may be offered would provide no more than one bedroom per family member, taking into account family size and composition.
- If a family opts for a smaller unit size than would normally be assigned under the largest unit size standard (because, for example, the list is moving faster),
the family will be required to sign a statement agreeing to occupy the unit assigned at their request until their family size or circumstances change.
- When a family is actually offered a unit, if they no longer qualify for the unit size where they were sub listed, they will be moved to the appropriate sub list,
retaining their preferences and date and time of application. This may mean that they may have to wait longer for a unit offer.
- The SSHA shall change the family’s sub list at any time while the family is on the waiting list at the family’s request.
Embury Apartments is specifically for Independent older adults and is restricted to households who have at least one member who is 62 years of age or older at the time of application.
The Saratoga Springs Housing Authority is the Local Agency responsible for 155 Project Based Vouchers for Apartments located
at Embury Apartments located at 133 Lawrence Street, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866. To apply for one of these apartments please see below.
Please print and complete the documents below. Once completed and you have obtained the supporting documents required, please mail all information to Saratoga Springs Housing Authority, Located at One South Federal Street, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866.
Due to the number of applicants on our current waiting lists and the time it will take to house those who have already applied, we will be closing the waiting list for Stonequist Apartments.
THE SECTION 8 WAIT LIST IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
The Promenade waitlist is closed effective 9/22/22. No applications will be accepted after this date.
24 Unit housing development project consisting of two 12 unit two story buildings and associated infrastructure located on 2 parcels formally on the SSHA property generally at East Fenlon St. and Vanderbilt Ave. All assisted units will be occupied by households with income at or below 80% of the AMI. 5 units will be targeted to those with incomes under 50%, 5 units will be targeted to those under 60% and the remaining 14 units targeted to households falling below 80% on the AMI.
The SRDI Wait List Is Currently Closed
The Allen Drive Community is located on Allen Drive in the Northwest corner of Saratoga Springs and features 40 apartments. The property comprises six townhouse style buildings with 4 apartments in each building and one 15 unit 2-story building. These are spacious apartments located on well maintained grounds with plenty of room for outside enjoyment. There are one, two and three bedroom units available.
To apply please complete the application below. Any questions, please contact Chad Henderson at 518-584-6000 ext. 226 or email email@example.com.